Cultivate Local Jobs Cultivate local jobs & a dynamic regional economy.
We want people to have good jobs and see opportunities to grow diverse, small to medium sized businesses in the Katahdin region. We want a regional economy that both serves those living here in the region, as well as exports to the rest of the state, country, and the world.
- Bolster key regional organizations that are currently at-risk.
- Lower barriers to starting and growing small businesses.
- Strengthen education, training, and outreach.
- Improve the region’s housing stock.
- Market within and outside the region.
- Attract new industry targeted for existing industrial and mill sites
For people to thrive anywhere there has to be a mix of jobs and affordable housing. The Katahdin Region currently has the housing, but not the jobs. While the region was buoyed by the paper industry for a century and able to rely on relatively few employers historically, the future demands that there is mix of employers, ranging in size to meet the needs of our rural communities.
Interested in Workforce Development?
We can help you get back into the working world with our partners and vast resources for training, job placement, education and more! Click here to visit our Workforce Development page.
Check out our Cultivate Local Jobs Team page!